Location


See also...

Church Interiors Church Interiors



Keywords

Austria
Kärnten
Carinthia
fortified church
Oesterreich
Tiffen
Turkish incursions
two-naves


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

125 visits

Tiffen - St. Jakobus

Tiffen - St. Jakobus
A church, overlooking the valley, existed on the promontory since about 1050. The church seen here was erected within the 12 century, but later got strong Gothic and Baroque enlargements and alterations.

In Gothic times a second nave was added to the once Romanesque church, so by now this is a "two-nave -church", where the row of pillars is in the center of the church.

Comments

Sign-in to write a comment.