1/500 f/3.5 5.2 mm ISO 64

CASIO COMPUTER CO.,LTD. EX-H15


Location

Lat, Lng:  
You can copy the above to your favourite mapping app.
Address:  unknown

 View on map

See also...

Quiet Quiet


Water Reflections Water Reflections


See more...

Keywords

Stadttor
Deutschland
Brandenburg
Wasser
Spiegelung
Platz
Gate
Sanssouci
Tor
Potsdam
Germany
Berlin


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

358 visits

Brandenburger Tor, Potsdam

Brandenburger Tor, Potsdam
Das Brandenburger Tor am Luisenplatz in Potsdam, nicht zu verwechseln mit dem gleichnamigen Wahrzeichen der Stadt Berlin am dortigen Pariser Platz, wurde 1770/71 von Carl von Gontard und Georg Christian Unger im Auftrag Friedrichs II. gebaut. Es steht am westlichen Ende der Brandenburger Straße, welche in gerader Linie bis zur Kirche St. Peter und Paul verläuft.
Früher, 1733, gab es an derselben Stelle ein anderes, ein einfacheres Tor, welches einem Burgtor ähnelte. Zusammen mit der Stadtmauer, eine Art Zollmauer oder Akzisemauer, und den anderen Toren sollte es die Desertion und den Schmuggel unterbinden.
Gegen Ende des Siebenjährigen Krieges ließ Friedrich der Große das alte Tor abtragen und an dieser Stelle ein neues, das Brandenburger Tor, als Zeichen des Sieges bauen. Aus diesem Grund sieht das Brandenburger Tor auch einem römischen Triumphbogen ähnlich. Als Vorbild diente der Konstantinsbogen in Rom. Der römische Einfluss im Baustil ist unter anderem in den korinthischen Doppelsäulen sowie in dem kräftig verkröpften Gebälk wiederzuerkennen.
Charakteristisch für das Brandenburger Tor sind seine zwei vollständig unterschiedlich gestalteten Seiten, die auf zwei Architekten zurückgehen: Karl von Gontard entwarf die Stadtseiten, sein Schüler Georg Christian Unger die Feld- oder Landseite.

The Brandenburg Gate (German: Brandenburger Tor) on the Luisenplatz in Potsdam, not to be confused with the gate of the same name on Berlin's Pariser Platz, was built in 1770/71 by Carl von Gontard and Georg Christian Unger by order of Frederick II of Prussia. It stands at the western end of Brandenburger Straße, which runs in a straight line up to the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul.
Previously, from 1733, there was another, simpler gate on the same spot, which resembled a castle gateway. Together with the city wall, a form of toll or excise barrier, and the other gates it was intended to prevent desertion and smuggling.
Towards the end of the Seven Years' War, Frederick the Great had the old gate demolished and built, in its stead, this new Brandenburg Gate, as a symbol of his victory. For that reason the Brandenburg Gate resembles a Roman triumphal arch. Its prototype was the Arch of Constantine in Rome. The Roman influence of its architectural style can be seen, for example, in the double columns of Corinthian order as well as the design of the attic.
A feature of the Brandenburg Gate is that it has two completely different sides, designed by two architects. Carl von Gontard designed the city side, his pupil, Georg Christian Unger, the field or countryside-facing side.

(Quelle: Wikipedia)
Translate into English

John Cass has particularly liked this photo


Comments
 Jaap van 't Veen
Jaap van 't Veen club
Beautiful reflections; nice info too.
5 years ago.
 Erika+Manfred
Erika+Manfred club
Thanks for your visit. Greetings from Frankfurt/Main, Erika
5 years ago.

Sign-in to write a comment.