Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
The Astley and Tyldesley Collieries Company was formed in 1900 to work the deep pits east of Leigh in Lancashire formerly owned by Samuel Jackson's Astley and Tyldesley Coal and Salt Company. The brickworks was situated at Nook Colliery where there was a large continuous kiln. Production ceased before the formation of the Brickworks Executive in 1963.