tarboat's photos

  • Horses on the edge

    The Brandenburg Gate in the rain.

  • Running round at Harzgerode

    99 6001 runs round the train at Harzgerode. This is the terminus of the short branch up from Alexibad on the Selketalbahn.

  • Maryport Harbour

    Ellenfoot Bridge across the middle of Maryport Harbour. It was completed in 2007 using a number of grants including a significant sum from the EU.

  • Foxfield Colliery yard

    Action in the yard at Foxfield Colliery with 47629 and Florence No.2.

  • J. C. Rogers

    Ghost sign and shops at Causewayhead, Penzance.

  • Capetown departure

    19D 3322 and 24 3655 leaving the yards in the port area of Capetown.

  • Plastic bottles

    This plastics manufacturing plant at Siddick was opened by Eastman Kodak in the early 1980s and was later acquired by Indorama Ventures PCL. It produced around 160,000 tonnes pa of PET granules. mainly used in the forming of plastic bottles. As Asian comp…

  • Chelmsford

    Redundant gasholders awaiting scrapping at Chelmsford.

  • Steelworks water tower

    Concrete tower in the midst of the Port Talbot steelworks.

  • Pingang Mine

    Pingang Mine at the north end of the Lishu system of the Jixi Coal Railway. The bright colours are typical of the larger Chinese mines.

  • Barnsley British

    Terracotta signage on the former Co-operative Society building at the corner of Market Street and Pall Mall, Barnsley.

  • Carr's mill

    Carr's Flour Mill, Maldon. The Carr business was founded by Jonathan Dodgson Carr in the 1830s and has two other mills at Silloth and Kirkcaldy. Since 2016 it has been owned by Whitworth Holdings. This mill was built in 1896 as a roller mill for Samuel Ga…

  • Outfitters, clothiers

    The use has changed but the signs remain the same. This shop on King Street in Melton Mowbray now sells toys.

  • Colliery decay

    The forests continue to overwhelm the rusting remains of Chatterley Whitfield Colliery.

  • The Royal Hotel

    Cream terracotta often looks rather careworn as it reaches 100 years of age. This is certainly true of this extension to the Royal Hotel and associated commercial units along Royal Street in Barnsley. The grade II listed public house facing Church Street…

  • Baotou depot

    A few days before the end of steam at Baotou steelworks SY 1677 simmers in the depot whilst undergoing maintenance.

  • Norwich Street Mills

    Former cotton spinning and weaving mill in Rochdale, c1860. The building is listed Grade II. In 1891 it was owned by John Pilling, Norwich Street and Wellfield Mills; 40,000 spindles, 1,500 looms, mexicans, twills, printers, shirtings, &c.

  • Shed world

    A wonderful and varied collection of sheds at the Bottom of Rooley Moor above Rochdale.

6124 items in total