tarboat

tarboat

Posted on 08/04/2014


Photo taken on March 25, 2004



See also...

Limekilns Limekilns


Flintshire (Sir y Fflint) Flintshire (Sir y Fflint)


Industrial Archaeology Industrial Archaeology


From (t)here to ipernity From (t)here to ipernity


New Flickr Survivors New Flickr Survivors


Abandoned Places Abandoned Places


Old industry Old industry


Wales Cymru Wales Cymru


Abandoned Abandoned


See more...

Keywords

wales
limekilns
flintshire
pant-y-pydew


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

317 visits

Pant-y-Pydew kilns

Pant-y-Pydew kilns
A fine block of five kilns stands adjacent to a large working quarry. The stone here was worked in the first half of the nineteenth century by John Lloyd and by 1862 it was operating as Lloyd Jones & Co. There is a large bank of lime waste in front of the kilns. Lime from here was used in the building of docks in Liverpool, Birkenhead and Belfast between 1860 and 1890. It appears that the bank of kilns was extended twice. Production ended in 1914 and the face of one kiln has now collapsed whilst its neighbour shows signs of having been robbed of stone. Since this photo was taken the kilns have seen significant restorationn and stabilisation works.

Bart Van Damme, Rhisiart Hincks have particularly liked this photo


Comments