Essex Walks

Essex Walks

Posted on 03/01/2015


Photo taken on February 27, 2015


Location


See also...


Keywords

Architecture
Church
Essex
All Saints
Colchester
museum
C14
C15


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

375 visits

Colchester - All Saints

Colchester - All Saints
Early 14th century chancel with a north aisle added in the mid 15th century. The tower was rebuilt in c.1500 and has large, three-light bell openings. Aside from the tower, much of the church was rebuilt in Victorian times.

Closed as a church in 1957, the building now houses a natural history museum.

Comments

Sign-in to write a comment.