Nederland - Vaassen, Kasteel De Cannenburgh

Nederland: kastelen en buitenplaatsen


Foto's van Nederlandse kastelen, landhuizen, havezathe's en buitenplaatsen.

Nederland - Aarle Rixtel, Kasteel Croy

05 Nov 2015 92 72 2112
The oldest parts of ‘Kasteel Croy’ (Croy Castle) most probably are dating back to the middle of the 15th century. In 1477 Jacob van Croy, member of the noble Burgundian family De Croy, bought a ‘slotje’ (= little castle) with a farmhouse. However ‘Van Croy’ was only seventeen years owner of the "slotje", when he sold it to Cornelis I van Bergen, who probably built the castle (PiP 1) and gatehouse (PiP 2) in its final size. Several noble families inhabited the imposing castle; the last one was family was the Van der Brugghen family. The last inhabitant was Freule (Lady) Constance van der Brugghen. She died in 1873 and left the building to the municipality of Stiphout with the obligation to use it for the help of poor elderly people. This came to an end in 1977, when the castle was disapproved for housing (elderly) people. After a fully restoration of the interior (1990), the castle nowadays houses a number of companies. The gatehouse is used as a bed & breakfast.

Nederland - Apeldoorn, Het Oude Loo

30 Apr 2020 93 74 694
Kasteel Het Oude Loo (Castle Het Oude Loo) is dating back to the early 15th century when it was a farm, which later was fortified. When it came into the possession of the Bentinck family the moated castle as we see it today was built and enlarged between 1538 and 1540. In those days it was used as a hunting lodge by Karel, Duke of Gelre. In 1684 Prince Willem III van Oranje, Stadtholder of Holland and Zeeland acquired the castle. He also used it as a hunting lodge. Soon the castle became too small for his hunting parties and he built Paleis Het Loo (the Loo Palace) in 1686-88. In 1795, when the French occupied Holland, the castle was used as a military hospital and the castle fell into neglect. In 1806 Napoleon Bonaparte appointed his brother Louis Napoleon as King of The Netherlands. Louis resided in the castle during summers. He filled up the moat around the castle. In 1904 Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands ordered the restoration of the castle. This was done by the famous Dutch architect Cuypers. In the 1950's and 1960's other restoration works were carried out. Since 1968 the castle has been owned by the Dutch state. In 1973 it became a national heritage site. Kasteel Het Oude Loo - located within the Paleispark - is nowadays used by the Dutch royal family as country house and guest residence. The castle itself is not open for the public, but the surrounding fenced garden/park can be visited during April and May.

Nederland - Apeldoorn, Kasteel Het Oude Loo

05 May 2010 35 29 2443
Apeldoorn, Castle Het Oude Loo.

Nederland - Kasteel Arcen

18 Apr 2011 19 14 1566
Castle Arcen (Kasteel Arcen) is dating back to the 17th century and was built by the Dukes of Gelre.

Nederland - Arnhem, Huis Zypendaal

11 Oct 2015 100 81 1990
‘Huis Zypendaal’ is a manor - although the locals call it popularly a castle - located in the green outskirts of Arnhem in Park Zypendaal. The house is surrounded by woods and is situated on an isle in the Sint Jansbeek. ‘Huis Zypendaal’ was built in the years 1762-1764 for the wealthy family Brantsen - who were already living a large house in the city center - as a summer residence. The house was built just south of an older one, called ‘die Syp’ or ‘Sypendall’, which was demolished. Till 1926 Zypendaal was inhabited by ancestors of the first owner Hendrik Willem Brantsen. Since 1975 it houses the ‘Geldersch Landschap & Kasteelen Foundation’. ‘Huis Zypendaal’ is well known for its 18th century architecture and impressive period furniture. In the summer it has limited opening hours for visitors.

Nederland - Arnhem, Huis Zypendaal

27 Oct 2020 61 68 402
Huis Zypendaal is a manor - although the locals call it popularly a castle - located in the green outskirts of Arnhem in Park Zypendaal . The house is surrounded by beautiful parklands and is situated on an isle in the valley of the Sint Jansbeek. Huis Zypendaal was built in the years 1762-1764 for the wealthy family Brantsen - who owned already a large house in the city center of Arnhem - as a summer residence. The house was built just south of an older one, called ‘die Syp’ or ‘Sypendall’, which was demolished. Till 1926 the manor was inhabited by ancestors of the first owner Hendrik Willem Brantsen. Since 1975 it houses the ‘Geldersch Landschap & Kasteelen Foundation’. Huis Zypendaal is well known for its 18th century architecture and impressive period furniture. The house has limited opening hours (mostly on Sundays) for visitors.

Nederland - Bergen, Het Hof

20 Apr 2016 92 96 1791
‘Het Hof’, locally also known as ’t Oude Hof, is dating back to the Middle Ages, when a fortified manor house stood on the same location. In 1574 the house was destroyed by the troops of Sonoy in the battle against the Spaniards. Anthonis Studler van Zurck, a wealthy merchant of Swiss descent gained possession of the ‘Heerlijkheid (manor) Bergen’ in 1641. He realized the manor in a very early country estate in a unique Dutch classicistic style. Although the main building with the central façade was never realized, the west wing (with stables and a coach house) and the residential east wing were. Whilst the west wing was pulled down ages ago, the east wing is what we nowadays know as ‘Het Hof’. J. H. van Reenen purchased Bergen in 1851 for 150.000 guilders. The heart of the ‘Heerlijkheid Bergen’ was ‘Het Hof’ with its surrounding 17th-century landscaped gardens, an extensive dune area and even a strip of beach. He restored ‘Het Hof’ to its present shape. Van Reenen took up residence there with his spouse Lady Wilhelmina Rendorp van Marquette and lived for about a century. In 1945 the house - vacated and damaged after WW II - was rented by the ‘Volkshogeschool’ (an adult education centre). With the efforts of students the house was refurbished bit by bit. In 2014 a thorough restoration of the historic mansion was completed and ‘Het Hof’ was reopened, nowadays owned/managed by a hotel company and used for conferences, receptions, lunches and dinners. The surrounding garden and park are free for visitors.

Nederland - Beesel, Kasteel Nieuwenbroeck

19 Sep 2010 15 9 1880
Kasteel (Castle) Nieuwenbroek is dating back to the year of 1560. Gatehouse and main building surrounded by a moat.

Nederland - Dalfsen, Kasteel Rechteren

11 Oct 2008 21 11 1677
Kasteel Rechteren/Castle Rechteren is situated along the road from Dalfsen to Ommen. The castle was already built in the year 1320. The castle is not open for visitors.

Nederland - Dalfsen, Havezate Den Berg

11 Oct 2008 39 21 2475
Havezate Den Berg - manor or fortified house - was first mentioned in 1483 as ‘Huva Ten Berghe’. It was bought in 1703 by the noble family of Van Dedem. They built the present house, which was finished two years later. It is now managed by a private foundation ‘Van Dedem-Den Berg Stichting’. Den Berg (The Mountain) took its name from a nearby river dune of the river Vecht. The manor is located in the hamlet Millingen, just south of the village of Dalfsen. d in 1705. The house was restored in 1985. The house takes its name from a river dune nearby.

Nederland - De Steeg, Kasteel Middachten

01 Oct 2020 58 51 407
Kasteel Middachten was first mentioned in the year 1190, when it was owned by Jacobus de Mithdac. At the beginning of the 14th century Everardus van Middachten transferred the property (for protection) to Reinald Count of Gelre. Everardus - ancestor of all later Lords and Ladies van Middachten - got the castle back as a loan in 1357. It is remarkable that Middachten has never been sold. It was inherited in both male and female line and was owned by the families Middachten, Steenre, Raesfelt, Reede, Bentinck and now Ortenburg. Currently, it is held in the 25th generation. The year 1673 is important in the history of Middachten. The French troops withdrew that year, after Stadholder Willem III had conquered the city of Bonn from the French. The castle was partially destroyed during that retreat. Godard van Reede had the castle rebuilt (1694-1697), with Palace Het Loo (nearby Apeldoorn) as the source of inspiration. He hired the same architect Jacob Roman. Kasteel Middachten has not undergone any further substantial changes since that renovation. The garden was laid out at the beginning of the 18th century based on the garden in Versailles. In the late 18th century, the garden was adapted to the English landscape style. Later during the early 1980s, it was restored back to the original design. In addition to the castle with its outer bailey and gardens, the Middachten Estate - which is no longer owned by the ‘family’ - also includes forests and farms. All buildings belonging to the estate can be easily recognised by the red and white painted shutters. Red and white are the colours of the coat of arms of the Middachten family. During summer months the gardens are open for visitors. Kasteel Middachten itself is open on special days.

Nederland - De Wijk, Huize Dickninge

18 Apr 2018 78 82 1234
Huize Dickninge (Manor Dickninge) is located in a beautiful region around De Wijk with lots of manors and estates. Its history is dating back to the late Middle Ages; in the year of 1325 the Benedictine monastery ‘Soetendale’ moved from Ruinen to Dickninge. It was inhabited by monks and nuns till 1652. In 1796 the buildings were bought by Reint Hendrik de Vos van Steenwijk. After a demolition Manor Dickninge was rebuild in 1913 in an Empire-style. The garden is dating back to 1820.and is famous for the - quite rare - blooming Hollowroot in spring (see: www.ipernity.com/doc/294067/41492970/in/album/537905) .

Nederland - De Wijk, Huize Dickninge

17 Dec 2015 69 65 1934
Huize Dickninge (Manor Dickninge) is located in a beautiful region around De Wijk with lots of manors and estates. Its history is dating back to the late Middle Ages; in the year of 1325 the Benedictine monastery ‘Soetendale’ moved from Ruinen to Dickninge. It was inhabited by monks and nuns till 1652. In 1796 the buildings were bought by Reint Hendrik de Vos van Steenwijk. After a demolition Manor Dickninge was rebuild in 1813 in an Empire-style. The garden is dating back to 1820 and is famous for the - quite rare in the Netherlands - blooming Hollowroot in spring: www.ipernity.com/doc/294067/41492970

Nederland - Delden, Kasteel Twickel

10 Jul 2019 84 83 834
(The main picture of the forecourt is a stitch of three images.) Kasteel Twickel (Twickel Castle), near Delden, is located, for almost seven centuries in the middle of a beautiful estate, reaching out over five parishes. The oldest parts of the castle - among which the tower at the front - date from the 15th century. Throughout the centuries the castle has been extended and beautified. The buildings, stables and coach house, situated in the forecourt, where added to the castle during the 18th century. Twickel Castle is still inhabited and surrounded by a beautiful park and garden ( www.ipernity.com/doc/294067/48906350 ). Twickel estate is a unique historical country estate in Twente, in the East of the Netherlands. It covers no less than 4.100 hectares and includes 150 farms with agricultural land and meadows, interspersed with moorland, fens and woods. The oak woods have long been famous, not just because of their beauty, but also because of the quality of the wood they produce. The characteristic farms can be recognised by their black-and-white shutters. Between 1347 and 1953, Twickel was in the possession of successive members of the same family. The last owner, Baroness Van Heeckeren van Wassenaer-Countess of Aldenburg Bentinck, who had no children of her own, decided in 1953 to establish the Twickel Foundation in order to preserve the estate. When she set up the foundation, Baroness Van Heeckeren determined that the castle should remain inhabited.

Nederland - Delden, Kasteel Twickel/toegangsbrug

18 Oct 2020 89 83 558
Access bridge across the inner moat to Kasteel Twickel . This bridge was built in 1709 of sandstone blockwork with two round arches. The bridge forms the connection between the moated forecourt and the moated main building. The bridge has a simple wrought-iron railing. In 1987, the last restoration of this national monument took place.

Nederland - Denekamp, Huis Singraven

05 Aug 2009 22 7 1414
Huis Singraven, a 17th century manor is surrounded by a beautiful garden, part of an estate of 465 ha. The oldest parts of the manor date back to 1380. Nowadays it is a museum. See for more info: www.singraven.nl/nl/home

Nederland - Deurne, Groot Kasteel

01 Sep 2007 84 72 1958
Deurne Castle, locally known as 'Groot Kasteel' or 'Nieuw Kasteel' (Great Castle or New Castle) was most probably built around 1397 by Gevard van Doerne. The castle was originally a square building with several turrets. Due to the thickness of the walls it is not likely that the building had a real military purpose. It is located in the swampy valley of a stream called the Vlier. It is more or less surrounded by the remains of a moat. In the 16th century the building was burned down and decades later plundered by Spanish troops. Mid 17th century the castle was enlarged. In 1759 the castle was bought by Theodorus de Smeth. His family also thoroughly rebuilt the castle and would own it until WW2. During the liberation of Deurne in 1944 the castle suffered heavily from allied fire and there were only remains left. Nowadays the ruin - which was consolidated in 2002 - of ‘Groot Kasteel Deurne’ is used by a youth association.

Nederland - Diepenheim, Kasteel Nijenhuis

01 Aug 2012 24 17 2259
Kasteel Nijenhuis (Castle Nijenhuis) was first mentioned in 1380. The present building dates back to 1682. Since 1799 the castle is owned and still inhabited by the family Schimmelpenninck.

102 items in total