2020 Timeline
Folder: by Year starting 2017
Hastings Street
09/366 January sunrise
| |
|
|
|
Queensland.
A close choice between a Pelican and a Duck. Also have a heart of Bromeliad, quite a good sunrise, not to mention a few river shots. So much for trying to take less photos. The sunrise won :-)
Mt Eerwah
| |
|
|
|
View to Mt Eerwah, Eumundi, Queensland from the C H Ball Lookout, in PiP
The township of Eumundi came into being in 1891 with the construction of the railway line between Cooroy and Yandina. It’s main industry was timber getting and in its heyday the town boasted two saw mills. Charles Henry Ball was born in Eumundi on 17 March, 1885, to Thomas John Ball and Harriet Ball (nee Brown). Thomas Ball was one of the pioneer settlers in Eumundi. In 1882 he selected 1,520 acres of land and grew sugar cane after clearing the land of much of the rainforest. He also established a dairy farm on the property and called it “Kauri”.
As a young man Charles remained in Eumundi and made his living as a timber getter.
adoptadigger.com
17/366 designer soap
20/366 The Bakehouse
#08 summer drink
| |
|
|
|
Sunshine Beach Surf Club
Re opened Saturday 18th January 2020, new building, eight month project.
Queensland
TSC Scavenger Hunt 8 summer drink
Last one for the project :-)
26/366 Australia Day
| |
|
|
|
We arrived in Australia on 26 January 1988, so for us this is always a special day, every year.
Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip.
28/366 Old Bank
| |
|
|
|
c1926 on the corner of Maple Street and Emerald Street in the Noosa hinterland country town of Cooroy, Queensland. Previously the E S & A Bank, the original buildings were built in 1911 for J L Boden.
33/366 Eumundi
| |
|
|
|
Rural town in Queensland
From the early 1850s, almost all the area in the vicinity of the Eumundi district was part of three cattle runs - Canando, Yandina and North Kenilworth.
After the railway was opened from Yandina to Cooroy in 1891, there was a problem over the naming of the railway depot at the foot of the Cooroy Range. It was called Eerwah, but Railway authorities were encountering confusion with Beerwah further down the line, so the name Eumundi was chosen.
(Ngumundi or Huomundy) name of Aboriginal chieftain said to have adopted escaped convict Bracefield as his son in 1831.
heritage.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
35/366 Court House
| |
|
|
|
Gympie Court House is a heritage-listed courthouse at Channon Street, Gympie, Queensland, Australia. It was designed by John Smith Murdoch and built from 1900 to 1902. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 21 October 1992.
The town of Gympie was established after the discovery of gold in the area by James Nash in 1867. At this stage, the new colony of Queensland was in dire financial trouble, and a reward was offered to anyone who discovered gold. Nash received the reward of £3000, and the rush to the Gympie gold field began. By 1869, the town now known as Gympie had a population of many thousands. It was established so rapidly that by the time the official surveyors arrived in 1868, a substantial amount of the town had already been laid out. This resulted in the town being laid out in an irregular pattern, following the topography of the land and the mining sites, rather than the orthogonal grid pattern familiar to most Queensland towns. The 1868 survey of the town included reserves for public buildings, including the court house reserve.
Wikipedia
43/366 simple pleasures
45/366 Melbourne and the Yarra River
| |
|
|
|
Overnight in Melbourne before embarking on a cruise.
View from our room at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza.
Lovely evening with friends who we had not seen for many years.
48/366 in Sydney
| |
|
|
|
We hopped off our cruise on the Cunard MS Queen Elizabeth, and took the ferry from Circular Quay to Barangaroo.
57/366 after the rain
63/366 greenery
64/366 Tacking Point
| |
|
|
|
March 2020, on our travels in New South Wales, Australia.
Tacking Point was named by Matthew Flinders in 1802, on HMS Investigator.
This lighthouse is one of five along the northern NSW coastline designed by noted colonial architect James Barnet. The other four lighthouses are at Clarence Head, Fingal Head, Richmond Head and Crowdy Head. Four of these five original lighthouses, including Tacking Point, are still in use.
Tacking Point Lighthouse was built in 1879. Lighthouse Beach, Port Macquarie.
68/366 Family fun
69/366 busy
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest items - Subscribe to the latest items added to this album
- ipernity © 2007-2026
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
X

















