St. Stephan Kirche
New City hall - Newver Rathause
Old city-hall - Altes Rathaus
San Peter curch tower
Coronation of the Virgin by the Lindau painter Mat…
San Peter Curch
Promende in Ludwigstrasse
Color contrast - Ludwigstrasse
Nice courtyard
Adrian Band playing at Lindau
Mangturm
Lindau harbor
Erica fiorita - Flowering heather
Fiore ciliegio - Cherry flower
Fiore di melo - Apple flower
Fiore del cappero - Caper flower
Neverending electric poles
Mojave desert icon - Yucca brevifoglia
Multicolor overlook at Father Crowly - CA190
Panamint valley
Mesquite sand dunes
Sandy wind in Mesquite sand dunes
A wood in a sandy world
Cacatua delle Molucche - Moluccan Cockatoo
Mother seagull teaches
Augsburg Rathaus - Municipio di Augusta
Augustusbrunnen - Fontana di Augusto
Georgsbrunnen - Fontana di San Giorgio
Bow window in Jakoberstrasse
Fuggerei
Fuggerei und brunnen
Hedera Helix a Fuggerei
Zusammenfluss mittlerer und unterer Lechkanal
Maximillianstrasse
Rathaus and Augustusbrunnen
Weberhaus
Weberhaus
Maximillianstrasse und Basilica of St. Ulrich and…
St. Lorenz Church
Ochsenportal - Ox Portal
Market on the Museum Bridge
Waagrelief by Adam Kraft
Chiesa di San Sebaldo - Sebalduskirche
Street lamps and tower clock
Chiesa di Nostra Signora
Location
Lat, Lng:
You can copy the above to your favourite mapping app.
Address: unknown
You can copy the above to your favourite mapping app.
Address: unknown
Keywords
Authorizations, license
-
Visible by: Everyone -
All rights reserved
-
28 visits
Cavazzen Museum
Costruito nel 1729/30 dalla famiglia patrizia di Lindau Seutter von Loetzen, il "Cavazzen", come viene chiamato oggi l'edificio, sorge sul lato ovest dell'attuale piazza del mercato. Con il suo tetto mansardato curvo e insolitamente alto e la sua facciata elaborata, il palazzo barocco è uno degli edifici più sorprendenti del centro storico dell'isola.
Il nome "Cavazzen" deriva dalla famiglia mercantile lombarda dei da Cavazzo, che si può far risalire al XVI secolo a Lindau, e si riferisce quindi probabilmente a un edificio medievale precedente. Come quasi tutta la parte orientale dell'isola, fu distrutta da un devastante incendio nel 1728.
Nel 1929, l'industriale di Lindau Ludwig Kick acquistò il "Cavazzen". Fece ristrutturare l'edificio per donarlo alla città per la creazione di un "Heimatmuseum". Da allora ospita le collezioni d'arte della città.
Built in 1729/30 by the Lindau patrician Seutter von Loetzen family, the "Cavazzen," as the building is known today, stands on the west side of the current market square. With its unusually high, curved mansard roof and elaborate façade, the Baroque palace is one of the most striking buildings in the island's historic center.
The name "Cavazzen" derives from the Lombard merchant family of Cavazzo, who can be traced back to the 16th century in Lindau, and therefore likely refers to an earlier medieval building. Like almost the entire eastern part of the island, it was destroyed by a devastating fire in 1728.
In 1929, Lindau industrialist Ludwig Kick purchased the "Cavazzen." He renovated the building and donated it to the city for the creation of a "Heimatmuseum." Since then, it has housed the city's art collections.
Translate into English
Il nome "Cavazzen" deriva dalla famiglia mercantile lombarda dei da Cavazzo, che si può far risalire al XVI secolo a Lindau, e si riferisce quindi probabilmente a un edificio medievale precedente. Come quasi tutta la parte orientale dell'isola, fu distrutta da un devastante incendio nel 1728.
Nel 1929, l'industriale di Lindau Ludwig Kick acquistò il "Cavazzen". Fece ristrutturare l'edificio per donarlo alla città per la creazione di un "Heimatmuseum". Da allora ospita le collezioni d'arte della città.
Built in 1729/30 by the Lindau patrician Seutter von Loetzen family, the "Cavazzen," as the building is known today, stands on the west side of the current market square. With its unusually high, curved mansard roof and elaborate façade, the Baroque palace is one of the most striking buildings in the island's historic center.
The name "Cavazzen" derives from the Lombard merchant family of Cavazzo, who can be traced back to the 16th century in Lindau, and therefore likely refers to an earlier medieval building. Like almost the entire eastern part of the island, it was destroyed by a devastating fire in 1728.
In 1929, Lindau industrialist Ludwig Kick purchased the "Cavazzen." He renovated the building and donated it to the city for the creation of a "Heimatmuseum." Since then, it has housed the city's art collections.
- Keyboard shortcuts:
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest comments - Subscribe to the comment feeds of this photo
- ipernity © 2007-2026
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
X
Sign-in to write a comment.