1. ipernity!ipernity is the ideal service for sharing your content on the Internet.
Blogs + photos + videos + audio creations + all other docs are finally all stored in one place and shared according to your wishes.
ipernity is for two categories of users:
- families and groups of friends, for fully private sharing,
- authors and creators, to present their work to a wider audience.
ipernity allows you easily to organize your content, to exchange opinions, to stay in touch with your family and friends... ipernity is also a unique place to have fun, make new friends, discover new talents ... Or simply remain with your friends and your family.
So bring new life to the content sitting idle on your hard disk, and join this friendly community! If you're not already a member, sign up, it's free!
2. Sharing with family and friends with full privacyRespect for privacy is something we take very seriously. We offer families and groups of friends the opportunity to create a private space in which sharing will be restricted.
Sharing and publishing à la carte
Each document you upload to ipernity (photo, video, music...) can be shared according to your specified wish. In other words, you choose whether the doc can be seen by:
- only your family
- only your friends
- only your friends and family
You can specify that you alone may view your documents or share them with the public at large.
You are able at any time to change the mode in which you share your docs.
Keeping your personal data confidential
You can decide whether or not to share each of your personal details (your first and last name, your age, your city of residence...) with who you want: your friends, your family, everyone or nobody!
Choosing for extra security a default setting for how you share
The default sharing options allow you to choose the same share settings for all docs you upload into your space. So you can be sure your documents can be seen only by the right people.
You can review your default choice at any time.
Deciding who can download your photos and order prints
With a few clicks you can decide who has the right to order prints of your photos and also who can download them to their computer.
Revealing yourself, staying hidden - many options!
Numerous options allow you to be invisible if you wish to be. You can choose whether or not to indicate your presence online, allow your relatives to find you on ipernity or even inform other members of your visits to their space.
Surfing on the site safely with your children
Some ipernity pages show documents which members have put up for the public at large. Some creations are liable to be offensive for young people. That’s why we provide a content filtering system to protect minors and enable them to surf on ipernity without unpleasant surprises.
3. More than just sharing...ipernity is much more than just a website for sharing, it’s a powerful tool for:
Staying informed through recent activity :
Who left you a comment? Who likes your photos? ... You will find it all out!
Organizing your docs easily with the DocManager
Never heard of this wonderful tool? Now's the time to discover it!
Discovering and meeting talented people through the Explore pages
Popular documents, posts bringing a lot of feed-back, the map of the world ...
And if none of this is new for you and if you are fond of blue, try entering color code #002244 in search for photos ;)
4. PRO for photo or video?Ipernity responds to the needs of the most demanding photo and video professionals.
Protection of original docs
- Your original files are never changed
- You can recover them with a single click
- You can prohibit downloading of your original publication and the publication of previews on other sites
Copyright or Creative Commons licenses
- All docs are marked copyright of their authors by default
- Creative Commons licenses are suggested as an alternative to copyright: they provide information on conditions for use of your docs
This system prevents the copying of photos with the right-click of a mouse: a white image is shown instead of the original.
Conservation of Metadata (Exif...)
- All metadata are recorded from files
- You decide whether or not to display them
Optimized organization and presentation of your docs
- Tools - you can automatically import and organize multiple docs with one click
- You classify and group your docs through an advanced tagging system
- Your home page is customizable
- Many of the site's pages - Home, Explorer , Groups ... - are dedicated to showcasing members' docs
- Ipernity enjoys a constantly growing international audience
A special PRO offer
The PRO offer makes it possible to benefit from many advantages such as UNLIMITED uploads and storage, a space without ads and access to exclusive features. The PRO offer is available by subscription for less than 2 Euros per month.
5. Some useful shortcuts'MEMBER'S PHOTO' MENU
For quicker access to a member's space or to contact him/her, drag your mouse over the member icon and then click on the blue arrow:
You can do the same thing with your own photo!
It allows you to access a range of functions: moving the doc to an album, assigning it to a group, making a print, deleting the doc ...
To learn more about these functions see "Organizing & sharing my docs"
A toolbar is available also above a blog entry as well as above an album.
CHANGING TITLES, DESCRIPTIONS AND SHARING OPTIONS IN JUST 1 CLICK
You want to change a title or sharing options fast.. Easy, just click!
Making changes with a single click can be done on your docs home page, on your blog, on every post, material or album, and can even operate for the title of your home page.
Clicking on the arrows on the main menu bar (My Space, My Network, Groups, Explore and Search) will cause the direct access links to drop down.
6. Who is Lea d'ipernity?You have just signed up and you noticed that Lea d'ipernity is in your network.
Lea is part of our team and has been automatically added to your network. Her role is to welcome new members and help them with their first steps on ipernity. Feel free to send her messages if you fail to find answers to your questions in the ipernity help section.
Don't worry, Lea does not have access to documents that you share only with family or friends.
Of course you can remove Lea from your network (she won't mind ;-).
7. I want to use a document or post that I found on ipernity. Is it possible?ipernity users are able to assign Creative Commons licenses to their docs or posts. These inform you if you are allowed to use a creation and how (personal use, commercial, etc.).
If in doubt don't hesitate to contact the owner of the document. To do this you need to be a member of ipernity.