Diana Australis' favorite photos
The Historic Woolshed
The first pastoralists arrived in the Lake Mungo area not long after the first explorers. This imposing shearing shed, made from locally cut timbers in 'drop log' style, dates from 1869 and was built for 18 blade (hand cutter) shearers: with mechanisation only four were needed. The building has been retained as part of the history of the National Park (and the tin roof would date from the late 1800s).