See also...


Keywords

church
glos.
c12
c17
benedictine
gloucestershire
tewkesbury
abbey
monastery
mitred


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

96 visits

tewkesbury abbey

tewkesbury abbey
this great west front of the first half of the c12 was originally to have two clasping towers. the original ranks of smaller norman windows were replaced by a big one, this one dates from 1686. the straight parapet and spirelets are c17 replacements too

Comments

Sign-in to write a comment.