Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
River Leven and Dumbarton Bridge
Dumbarton Bridge was built in 1765, widened in 1884 and was reconstructed in 1934. A 5-span bridge, with dressed-stone arch rings and rubble spandrels and wing walls, extended in concrete. The arches are segmental, increasing in size to the centre, and there are rounded cutwaters extended up to form circular buttresses, now supporting the concrete extensions. Quoted from the Canmore website.