Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
The Schmidt Brewery on West 7th was started in 1855 as the Cave Brewery, but Jacob Schmidt's family took it over in the early 1900s. The Minnesota Brewing Company took over in 1991, brewing Landmark and Pig's Eye, but stopped production in 2002. Ethanol was produced there for several years, bothering neighbors with the smell. Except for the sale of the water from the underlying aquifer, the site has been unused since 2004.
Scott Chaffin has particularly liked this photo