0 favorites     0 comments    497 visits

See also...


Keywords

museum
california
colma
historical society
colma historical society


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
Attribution + no derivative

497 visits


Colma Historical Museum (1293)

Colma Historical Museum (1293)
This building memorializes the contributions of the Abbey Land and Improvement Company to the development of Colma. The company established Mount Olivet Memorial Park, the sixth cemetery to be built in Colma, and constructed a streetcar line along Mt. Olivet Parkway from the main electric railway at El Camino Real to their office and cemetery on Hillside Boulevard. The Mission Revival style office was designed by the corporation's Vice President, San Francisco architect William H. Crim. The square tower at the southeast corner of the building marked the entry to the Mount Olivet Cemetery office and the arcade served as the boarding area for the electric railway. The bell in the courtyard once hung in the building tower. Cypress Abbey Company donated the building to the town.

Comments

Sign-in to write a comment.