Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger

Posted on 09/14/2014


Photo taken on September 14, 2014


See also...


Keywords

church
medieval
Nikon
Surrey
D5100
Tamron 18-270mm
Wanborough
stained glass


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

103 visits

Window - Parish Church of St. Bartholomew

Window - Parish Church of St. Bartholomew
Parish Church of St. Bartholomew, Wanborough, Surrey

This village church is one of the smallest in Surrey, measuring only
13.5 m by 5.5 m internally. It is of Saxon origin with Domesday Survey
evidence of a church exisiting during the reign of Edward the Confessor
It was originally built around 1060 replacing an earlier wooden Saxon church.
The present church being a 13th Century reconstruction by the monks of Waverley Abbey
and a later restoration of 1861.
Thus the various walls and windows have significantly different heritage.
The Victorian west brick wall now supports an external bell.

NIKON d5100, Tamron 18-270mm

Milena Dragicevic, Kaunos, one42chrisp have particularly liked this photo


Comments