• Holy Trinity Church

    Loddon, Norfolk

  • Thatched Cottage (Former Baker's Shop)

    Loddon, Norfolk

  • 'The Maltings'

    Loddon, Norfolk


  • Butter Cross

    Bungay, Suffolk

  • 'Justice'

    On the Butter Cross, Bungay, Suffolk

  • Eternal Rest

    Saint Mary's churchyard, Bungay, Suffolk


  • Saint Mary's Church Tower, Bungay

    The graceful and elegant tower of this grand church, with its tall pinnacles, stands 33.5 metres high. It is a landmark for miles around, and the focal point of this market town.

  • River Chet

    Chedgrave, Norfolk

  • Tree Reflections

    River Chet, Chedgrave, Norfolk


  • River Reflections

    River Chet, Chedgrave, Norfolk

  • Site of Old Saint Mary's Church and Graveyard

    The church was built in the 12th century and abandoned in the 19th when the new church was built. It was destroyed in the 1960s as it was no longer safe. The ruins and old graves stones are open to the public. The site was deconsecrated in 1993. It is o…

  • Saint Mary the Virgin, Drayton Beauchamp

    The present church dates from the 15th century, but the still surviving font shows that there was a church here in the 12th century, which was altered and partly rebuilt in the two following centuries. About 1500 the porch was added, and shortly afterward…


  • Holy Trinity Church, Loddon

    Loddon Church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was built about 1490 by Sir James Hobart, who lived at Hales Hall, and was Attorney General to King Henry VII. It probably replaced an earlier Norman church and an even older one built by St Felix, Bishop of E…

  • Holy Trinity Church, Loddon

    Loddon Church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was built about 1490 by Sir James Hobart, who lived at Hales Hall, and was Attorney General to King Henry VII. It probably replaced an earlier Norman church and an even older one built by St Felix, Bishop of E…

  • Loddon Staithe



  • Snaefell Mine Waterwheel

    The Snaefell Mine was located at the end of Laxey valley on a slope of the mountain. In 1865 a 50 1/2 feet diameter waterwheel was built to pump water out of the mine. When the mine closed in 1907 the waterwheel was sold and moved to Cornwall. The Laxey M…

  • Snaefell Mine Waterwheel and Laxey River

    The Snaefell Mine was located at the end of Laxey valley on a slope of the mountain. In 1865 a 50 1/2 feet diameter waterwheel was built to pump water out of the mine. When the mine closed in 1907 the waterwheel was sold and moved to Cornwall. The Laxey M…

  • The Laxey Wheel ('Lady Isabella')



1272 items in total