Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Site of England's First Roadside Petrol Station
On the A4, Bath Rd near Aldermaston train station was the location of England's first roadside petrol station. It was opened in 1919 by the AA and served AA members only by a uniformed AA patrolman. The site was somewhere between the sign and the trees and the much widened A4 is likely now covering part of it.