KathC

KathC

Posted on 07/11/2015


Photo taken on June 24, 2015



Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

44 visits

Lightship

Lightship
Carpentaria Lightship CLS4 ..... Maritime Museum Darling Harbour NSW

One of 4 lightships built by the Commonwealth in 1916-1917 ..... Retired in 1985.
CLS4 spent most of its working life marking the Merkara shoals in the Gulf of Carpentaria,also periodically moved to Sandy Cape (Qld). It was towed to Bass Strait in 1983 to serve as a traffic separator for ships working in the oilfields.

Comments