Jen Pedler

Jen Pedler

Posted on 11/16/2009


Photo taken on November 16, 2009



See also...


Keywords

london
place
sign
streetname
Fitzrovia
W1
Hanway Place


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

55 visits

Hanway Place W1

Hanway Place W1
Thomas Hanway, a commissioner of the Royal Navy, owned this land in the early eighteenth century and left it to his nephew, the Rev. James Altham. The latter's son James Hanway Altham was in possession of it by 1796. The Hanway's were related to Jonas Hanway, also appointed a Royal Navy commissioner in 1762 but mainly noted for his work on behalf of children in the care of the workhouse.
S. Fairfield The Streets of London

Comments