Jan Ciger's photos


  • Front view of the cathedral


  • Front view of the cathedral


  • Front view of the cathedral



  • Chapter house and abbey attached to the cathedralChapter house attached to the cathedral

    The building originates from the 13th century, it was badly damaged during the WWI bombardment and reconstructed afterwards.

  • Chapter house and abbey attached to the cathedral

    This is the former seat of church court. The judge had jurisdiction over crimes happening in the cathedral district. This court was used until the Revolution. The building originates from the 13th century, it was badly damaged during the WWI bombardment…

  • Western side of the cathedral



  • Rear side of the cathedral and the episcopal library

    The library was built in 1506, partially in wood. At the time of the Revolution, it held 5000 printed volumes and 200 manuscripts. There is still a library there, holding 3369 titles today.

  • Rear side of the cathedral and the episcopal library

    The library was built in 1506, partially in wood. At the time of the Revolution, it held 5000 printed volumes and 200 manuscripts. There is still a library there, holding 3369 titles today.

  • Rear side of the cathedral and the episcopal library

    The library was built in 1506, partially in wood. At the time of the Revolution, it held 5000 printed volumes and 200 manuscripts. There is still a library there, holding 3369 titles today.


  • Wooden detail at the library


  • Rear side of the cathedral and the episcopal library

    The library was built in 1506, partially in wood. At the time of the Revolution, it held 5000 printed volumes and 200 manuscripts. There is still a library there, holding 3369 titles today.

  • Rear side of the cathedral and the episcopal library

    The library was built in 1506, partially in wood. At the time of the Revolution, it held 5000 printed volumes and 200 manuscripts. There is still a library there, holding 3369 titles today.


  • Rear side of the cathedral and the episcopal library

    The library was built in 1506, partially in wood. At the time of the Revolution, it held 5000 printed volumes and 200 manuscripts. There is still a library there, holding 3369 titles today.

  • Rear side of the cathedral


  • Rear side of the cathedral



  • Rear side of the cathedral

    View of the cathedral, with the chapel ruins on the left.

  • Ruins of the episcopal chapel

    Ruins of the chapel between the episcopal palace and the cathedral. First founded in 882, the current ruins are from 12th century, in the 19th century part of the chapel was destroyed to free the side of the cathedral.

  • Ruins of the episcopal chapel

    Ruins of the chapel between the episcopal palace and the cathedral. First founded in 882, the current ruins are from 12th century, in the 19th century part of the chapel was destroyed to free the side of the cathedral.


2689 items in total