Zlín - Lesní hřbitov, Czech Republic
Established at the beginning of the 1930s according to the design of architect F. L. Gahura. The initial idea comes from Dr. R. Gerbec, who was a city doctor at that time. The forest cemetery was conceived in the style of a right-angle grid as a centraI cemetery for the surrounding area of Greater Zlín. It is dominated by a stone cross with Gahura's statue of crucified Christ at the point where the cemetery axis cross. It was consecrated on AII Saints day in 1932. Mr. Tomáš Baťa Sr. and A. Brouček were one ofthe first ones buried here. From 1978, a crematorium became a part of the cemetery, whose author is architect Jiří Čančík. The area of the cemetery covers approximately 21 hectares.
astrale has particularly liked this photo