Radnice Uherský Brod 2011
Uh. Brod City. Brod is located in the Zlín region Olšava the flow of the river, about 30 km from the Slovak border. Its location by the river close to major trade routes, this city is already predetermined in the distant past to the role of the shopping center and guard a fortified point on the border of southeast Moravia. The steady and almost continuous settlement of this locality and its surroundings still attest to the numerous archaeological findings. The first written mention of the village and the customs station called The Brod, however, comes to the 1131 Charter of the Bishop of Olomouc Zdíka Henry (1126 - 1150). In 1272 King Premysl II. Otakar granted the colony the right to levy the store and confirmed the legal standards used by the city Hlubčice, which ended transition existing settlements in full royal town. Uh. Brod, supported during the 13th and 14 century Moravian and Czech kings margraves, won a number of privileges which guarantee the development of trade and handicrafts. During the Hussite Wars the town of 1,428 waive armies without serious opposition camp and orphans, in whose possession it was until the 1435th In the second half of the 15th century is again affected by war harassment as a result of fighting between the Bohemian king George of Podebrady and the Hungarian King Matthias Korvín. After his death in 1490 transferred to the ownership of the Czech King Vladislav II., Which referred him to in 1506 in a permanent legacy of John Kunovice.