Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Colchester - Lion Walk URC
Dissenters in Colchester worshipped in a timber built, octagonal structure known as The Round House until 1863, when this was pulled down and replaced by a Victorian Gothic stone church, graced with a tower and spire 125 feet tall. The top section of the steeple had to be re-built following an earthquake in 1884. The stone church was demolished and replaced by another octagonal building in 1984, although the spire was retained. The new building is of two storeys, with shops on the ground floor.
Marc Pether-Longman has particularly liked this photo