Zach

Zach

Posted on 08/24/2013


Photo taken on August 13, 2013




Keywords

architecture
USA
Arizona
AZ
Parker
train depot
ARZC
Arizona and Clifornia Railroad
rail service


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

90 visits

ARZC

ARZC
Built in 1907 by Arizona & California Rail Road. It ceased being used for Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe passenger service in 1955. However it is still in use as an Arizona & California Rail Road company office.

The Arizona & California Rail Road was a subdivision of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. It began operations in 1991 when David Parkinson (of ParkSierra RailGroup) purchased it from Santa Fe Railway. As of 2013 the Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Holding Company is the owner. It is a “short line” railroad (meaning it has operating expenses of less than $20 million and either serves a small number of towns or hauls for larger railroads). It mainly transports petroleum gas, steel and lumber (hauling, on average, 12, 000 carloads per year).

1301 S. California Ave., Parker, Arizona

Comments