Location


See also...


Keywords

California
New Deal
AZNMCO0617


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
Attribution + non Commercial + no derivative

68 visits

Calexico CA former border station (# 0581)

Calexico CA former border station (# 0581)
The original U.S. Inspection Station at Calexico, built in 1932. Per the documentation of its registration in the National Register of Historic Places (link below) it is considered to be of Spanish Colonial Revival style and though no longer used as a border crossing is still used as an federal office building. It was built through the Public Buildings Branch of the Procurement Division of the U.S. Treasury Department, an agency created by by Congress and the Hoover administration for various purposes, including the alleviation of the effects of the Depression. The Public Buildings Branch was incorporated into the New Deal in 1933, since this building was funded prior to that date, it is not considered to be a New Deal project. See: npgallery.nps.gov/pdfhost/docs/nrhp/text/91001749.pdf

Comments

Sign-in to write a comment.