9/19/14 - NEW Demo update
Located at 407 Jefferson Avenue and once the City's largest synagogue, the building was last occupied by Greater New Hope Church. Formerly known as the Jefferson Street Shul, this is now the Buffalo's oldest synagogue. Construction plans were submitted to the City in 1903 by A.E. Minks and Sons. In 2009 this property was on the City's tax foreclosure auction list. There was an opening bid of $15.5K. The City received no deposit, so the property was adjourned. As…
Jefferson Street ShulAmong David Torke's albums
Jefferson Street Shul - Buffalo, NY
9/19/14 - NEW Demo update This is a cropped version of a photograph that originally appeared in Oscar Israelowitz's 1992 book - Synagogues of the United States: A photographic and architectural survey. The author credits the Buffalo Jewish Review for the undated photograph. The BJR is no longer in possession of the photography that appears in Israelowitz's book. The original photographer is unknown. This is a cropped and retouched version. The date of the original photograph is unknown.