Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Wessex H193 BTC between Mildenhall and Cambridge - 24 Aug 1991
Saturday 24 August 1991 – In 1989 the National Expressliner coach was introduced as a joint venture between National Express, Volvo and Plaxton. The bodywork was based on the Plaxton Premiere 3500 model with features tailored for regular coach service operation on National Express services. The moquette on the seats and ceiling incorporated the National Express ‘double N’ logo. The overhead luggage racks were enclosed, accessed by airline style top hinged doors. A floor level toilet compartment stood in the rear nearside corner. For ‘Rapide’ services the three rear seats were replaced with a refreshment servery. This was Wessex of Bristol 151 (H193 BTC), new in January 1991, travelling between Mildenhall and Cambridge when working the 1010 Cromer to Bristol National Express service 747.