1/40 • f/5.6 • 10.0 mm • ISO 1600 •
Canon EOS 70D
10-20mmEXIF - See more details
Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Gants Hill concourse
Gants Hill station was constructed in the 1930's but did not open for public use until 1947. During WWII, the station was used as a secret munitions factory. The station is one of three deep level tube stations on the line constructed to link Leytonstone with Newbury Park. The designer of the stations was noted architect Charles Holden, who was also advisor to the construction of the Moscow metro. Hence the barrel vaulted roof similarity to many Moscow metro stations. The art deco nature of construction is a pure delight.
* Ren.Art * has particularly liked this photo