Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
King's College Chapel, Aberdeen
The construction of the chapel started in 1498 and finished in 1509. The most notable architectural feature of the Chapel is its Crown Tower. The Crown Tower is surmounted by a structure about 40 ft (12 m) high, consisting of a six-sided lantern and royal crown, both sculptured, and resting on the intersections of two arched ornamental slips rising from the four corners of the top of the tower.