See also...

English Countryside English Countryside


Landscape Landscape



Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

338 visits

Lydney canal

Lydney canal
The current canal and basin complex was built by the Severn and Wye Railway and Canal Company between 1810 and 1813. A horse drawn tramway was laid, to move the coal and iron to the wharves after it was brought down from the pits and forges on the Pidcock’s Canal. The new dock on the estuary was started in 1809 and opened in 1813. The outer harbour was finally completed in 1821

Dimas Sequeira, Hanna, Renate, .Krisonteme and 4 other people have particularly liked this photo


Comments
 Andreas Z.
Andreas Z. club
Thanks for this reminder of Gloucestershire!
6 years ago.
 Armando Taborda
Armando Taborda club
...a nice hideaway for pirates...
6 years ago.
 Veni
Veni
sehr schön!
6 years ago.
 Dimas Sequeira
Dimas Sequeira club
Fantastic glimpse into the canal!
4 years ago.

Sign-in to write a comment.