Benfica, Beau-Séjour Palace (1)
The palace and gardens of Romantic influence, founded in 1849, belonged to the Countess of Regaleira and was later sold to an old friend, the Baron of Glória. Years later, in 1876, the palace was inherited by two of the Baron's nephews. These brothers who were rich and had good taste made many changes to the decor of the house and invited some of the best artists to work there. Among them were Bordalo Pinheiro family, Columbano and others. The work done by them has been restored and today the palace is a true museum of the romantic period. The glazed tiles are also worth seeing.
Today this mansion is occupied by the Department of Lisbon Studies, from the Town Hall.