Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Canal & Shrine Bridge, Tsukuda, Tokyo 東京
The Tokugawa shogun in 1644 brought fishermen from Tsukuda Village, Osaka (Nishiyodogawa-ku today) to settle on Tsukuda Island at the mouth of the Sumida River (then the Arakawa), both to watch the river and to provide fish for the castle. Not much from that time remains except a few old wooden houses and a couple of shrines. The rest is modern concrete Tokyo.