Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Guest & Chrimes Stop Cock, Stanley Place, Pontnewydd, Cwmbran 21 March 2016
Edward Chrimes started as a plumber and glazier in 1817 and by 1845, the Chrimes' had started brass founding, making and patenting taps etc. In 1847 the firm became Guest & Chrimes moving to a spacious foundry in Don Street, Rotherhampton in 1857. The firm closed down in 1999, leaving their Grade II Listed building which in March 2012, was up for sale.