Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Croesyceiliog Board School, The Highway, Croesyceiliog, Cwmbran 19 January 2016
The influx of workers into Cwmbran in the 1870s, created a need for more schools. Under the 1870 Education Act, areas could vote in board schools, for children aged five to ten. The school was enlarged in 1893. The Infant's School was closed in 1955, but briefly reopened in 1959 to ease pressure caused by the new wave of migration into the burgeoning Cwmbran New Town. The whole school finally closed down in the 1970s with the opening of a new school in nearby North Road. It was used by Gwent Probation Services, but today is a nursery school.