Cold War Warrior

Cold War Warrior

Posted on 06/21/2015


Photo taken on June 21, 2015



See also...

Old bricks Old bricks



Keywords

Brick
Monmouthshire
Cwmbran
JCE
John Coater Edwards


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

140 visits

JCE Brick, Former Victorian British School, Upper Cwmbran Road, Cwmbran 21 June 2015

JCE Brick, Former Victorian British School, Upper Cwmbran Road, Cwmbran 21 June 2015
A salt glazed JCE brick in a skip at the former Victorian British School, later Upper Cwmbran Infants School, latterly The Learning Zone. The school was built by local builder and brick maker Henry Parfitt in 1866 to replace a room above the Squirrel Inn in The Square in Upper Cwmbran which had been the local school. The premises are currently being made into a day centre. Other bricks in the skip were, not unsurprisingly, chiefly Henry Parfitt, with some Rufford of Stourbridge yellow bricks.

James Coater Edwards (1828-1896) founded the company of that name at Acrefair, Wrexham with works spread over three sites. The company was sold in 1956.

Comments