Cold War Warrior

Cold War Warrior

Posted on 06/16/2015


Photo taken on June 10, 2015



See also...

Military Graves & Memorials Military Graves & Memorials



Keywords

Church
St John The Evangelist
Taphology
Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers
REME
Beachley
Churchyard
Gloucestershire
Graveyard
Chapel
Cemetery
Craftsman PR Tull


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

100 visits

St John The Evangelist, Beachley, Gloucestershire 10 June 2015

St John The Evangelist, Beachley, Gloucestershire 10 June 2015
"Mizpah" means "Watchtower" and is the name of various places in the Old Testament.

St John's and the adjacent school house were built in 1833, chiefly funded by James Jenkins of Beachley Manor. Interred there are almost 100 graves of Italian and German prisoners of war who died in POW camps in Sedbury and the Bulwark area of Chepstow. There are four unmarked German graves in the old churchyard from WW1.

Comments