Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Shop Road, Varteg, Pontypool 5 July 2014
The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1828 and rebuilt in 1868, this date being displayed on the front of the chapel. It is shown on the 1962 OS map as still in use; neglected today and no longer used as a chapel it has a sign attached saying "Varteg Community Centre". The churchyard is extremely neglected and overgrown, although some graves which are tended have pathways cut to them.