Cold War Warrior

Cold War Warrior

Posted on 07/05/2014


Photo taken on July  5, 2014



See also...


Keywords

Church
Cemetery
Chapel
Graveyard
Churchyard
Pontypool
Taphology
Varteg
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

119 visits

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Shop Road, Varteg, Pontypool 5 July 2014

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Shop Road, Varteg, Pontypool 5 July 2014
The ruins to the right are of the old Boys & Girls School, later a Sunday School.
The Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1828 and rebuilt in 1868, this date being displayed on the front of the chapel. It is shown on the 1962 OS map as still in use; neglected today and no longer used as a chapel it has a sign attached saying "Varteg Community Centre". The churchyard is extremely neglected and overgrown, although some graves which are tended have pathways cut to them.

Comments