Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
GPO Cable Marker, Wool Street, Builth Wells, Powys 25 June 2014
A stone GPO cable marker; The Government Arrow (or "Crow's Foot", familiarly), was first used by the Board of Ordnance, founded in 1544, to mark property bought for the Board. It was used more generally to denote government owned equipment from at least the 17th Century. Until 1969 the General Post Office was a government department, presumably the reason this post has been marked with the "Crow's Foot". Of course, it could just mean this way up!
Isisbridge has particularly liked this photo