Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Queens Dock opened in 1877 and closed in 1969. The only Dockland structure left is the Finnieston or Stobcross crane built in 1932 to load heavy machinery such as tanks and Railway locomotives onto ships for export all over the world but no longer in working order. On its left is the Clyde Auditorium or Armadillo opened in 1997. The “Flying saucer” on the right is the SSE Hydro a 13000 capacity arena opened in 2013.