Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
Canal View Court on St Columbus close Coventry (1851)
Canal View Court on St Columbus close - itself the original line of the Radford Road - was formerly "The Admiral Codrington" (c 1851) and is named after Admiral Sir Edward Codrington (1770 - 1851). Sir Edward is notable for being in command of the last fleet action by sail powered warships of the line, at Navarro (Navarino) in 1827, where he led a combined Anglo-Russo-French task force against an Ottoman fleet - actually Egyptian - which ensured Greek Independence by 1830.