Posted on 12/28/2010

Photo taken on December 28, 2010

See also...

Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

196 visits


The front gate of Killenworth, the former home of George DuPont Pratt Sr. Built in 1913 by Towbridge and Ackerman, with Olmsted landscaping. The original Killenworth, built in 1897, was demolished in 1912 with the second Killenworth being built on the same spot as the first. Today the estate is owned by the Russian delegation to the United Nations.

Back in the 1970's, during the 'cold war', a person dared not go near this place. Things are much less hostile today.