Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/26/2015


Photo taken on March 26, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

194 visits

Summerside Range Front Light, ca. 1910

Summerside Range Front Light, ca. 1910
The Summerside Range was established in 1895, but there had been a light in the port area since 1854. That first light was described in 1861 as "A lantern, on Green's Wharf."*

The postcard (written in 1915?) shows the 1895 lighthouse as well as the wagons of the Prince Edward Island Railway discharging their passengers on the ferry pier in Summerside.

The S.S. Empress ran the ferry service between Summerside and Pointe du Chêne, near Shediac, New Brunswick, from 1906 to 1916.

*Alexander Findlay, "A Description and List of the Lighthouses of the World," London.

Comments