Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved
- Photo replaced on March 20, 2015
Point Prim Lighthouse, ca. 1925
The first Point Prim lighthouse, built in 1804, burned down four years later, and the second lighthouse was not built until 1817. This lighthouse, too, was destroyed by fire in 1873. The third lighthouse, seen above, was built in 1874. On this photo postcard, one side of the tower has a red stripe, allowing mariners to correctly identify the lighthouse.