Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

191 visits

Margaretsville Lighthouse, ca. 1900

Margaretsville Lighthouse, ca. 1900
The Margaretsville Lighthouse dates back to 1859, when the town was an active transportation link between New Brunswick (by boat) and the rest of Nova Scotia (by rail).

Note: Even today, the name is often written without the "s" (=Margaretville), but the official gazetteer of Nova Scotia spells it Margaretsville.

The coloured band on the tower has always been black but the publisher of this postcard chose to make it burgundy. The interest of the postcard lies in the lantern room, which is different from those seen in later postcards. It is also interesting to note that the window above the door is no longer present.

Postcard mailed in 1908.

Comments