Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

Photo replaced on March 20, 2015
268 visits

Gilbert Point Lighthouse, ca. 1950

Gilbert Point Lighthouse, ca. 1950
The Gilbert Point Lighthouse was established in 1904 on a prominent point near the village of Gilbert's Cove on the east side of St. Mary's Bay.

This was an "integral" lighthouse in the sense that the keeper and his family lived in the building housing the light, and the lantern room was accessible directly from within the house.

The light was discontinued ca. 1975, but the building has been restored and is now a tourist attraction.

Comments