Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

Photo replaced on March 20, 2015
315 visits

CANADA: Nova Scotia -- Bay of Fundy

Cape Sharp Lighthouse, ca. 1965

Cape Sharp Lighthouse, ca. 1965 

The first Cape Sharp Lighthouse was built in 1886 on a cape situated about 6 km southwest of Parrsboro, on the north side of the entrance to Minas Basin. The lighthouse consisted of a square pyramidal tower attached to a two-storey dwelling. The building was demolished and replaced by separate tower and dwelling in 1973.

The image shown here is a modern photograph of the first lighthouse, with the words "PHOTO POST CARD" handstamped on the back. The photographer is not identified.

Comments