Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

Photo replaced on March 20, 2015
313 visits

Cape Sharp Lighthouse, ca. 1965

Cape Sharp Lighthouse, ca. 1965
The first Cape Sharp Lighthouse was built in 1886 on a cape situated about 6 km southwest of Parrsboro, on the north side of the entrance to Minas Basin. The lighthouse consisted of a square pyramidal tower attached to a two-storey dwelling. The building was demolished and replaced by separate tower and dwelling in 1973.

The image shown here is a modern photograph of the first lighthouse, with the words "PHOTO POST CARD" handstamped on the back. The photographer is not identified.

Comments