Michel Forand

Michel Forand

Posted on 03/20/2015


Photo taken on March 19, 2015


See also...


Authorizations, license

Visible by: Everyone
All rights reserved

288 visits

CANADA: Nova Scotia -- Bay of Fundy

Brier Island Lighthouse, ca. 1950

Brier Island Lighthouse, ca. 1950 

Brier Island is separated from Long Island by the Grand Passage, one of two channels linking St. Mary's Bay to the Bay of Fundy.

The Brier Island Light Station, established in 1809, is one of the oldest in Canada. It is situated on the southwest side of the island, about 3 km from Westport, the island's main community.

The lighthouse seen here is the third, built in late 1944 after the second lighthouse burned down earlier that year. The lighthouse is painted in red and white bands, which can be seen faintly on this postcard. The lighthouse is often referred to locally as the "Western Point Lighthouse."

Comments